Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lesson Number One....

Mr. Mason is crawling, pulling up, and "cruising" furniture these days which is making it very difficult to do ordinary things. This morning I had my first bad mom moment.  We now have to gate Louie (our dog) in the kitchen when we leave, since this is a new addition to my morning routine, I didn't know how I was going to fit it in,  My coat and shoes, Mas's coat and shoes, then gate Louie, ???? Gate Louie, then my coat, then Mas's coat, then out the door??? Mas's coat, my coat, gate Louie on my way out???? The options are endless. I chose my coat and shoes, Mas's coat and shoes, gate Louie, THEN go back and get Mas to go out the door. Seemed like the right choice. WRONG. In the 5 seconds I was around the corner putting up the baby gate, lil' Mas, who seemed entranced in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse decided to open the entertainment center door and put two fingers in.... poor little guy had two dents in his middle two fingers and cried for a good 5 minutes. New strategy tomorrow. Lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment