Friday, April 1, 2011

What a year!

As Mason's first birthday gets closer and closer, so many "year in review" projects are underway.  The photo slide show complete with tear jerking music....the editing of 8+ hours of video to make his "First Year" DVD and the compilation of his weekly picture in a photo book, all the while thinking how the heck am I going to manage to do this all again for the second child??? I can just hear it now "you love Mason more, I don't have a weekly picture book, I don't have a nicely edited home video DVD of just me!" It's a LOT of work and honestly, it may not get done for Mason!
I thought it would be fun to post a few progression pics of Mason..man has he changed!

 Here he is April 22nd 2010.....perfect complexion!

 Here he is a few months old at Aunt Meg's softball game...the first day of wearing that hat, by the end the summer it wouldn't even snap under his chin!
 Here's the Mas Man sitting in his Bumbo for the first time!
 Here's one of my favs...first boat ride at Aunt Linda and Uncle Bud's house in KY!
Gotta have a Halloween pic!
 and a Christmas
 and a "little old man" pic

 Mason in his race car PJ's and his first race car!
  Classic tub picture
  Just last night eating spaghetti like a big boy!



And here's a video for you all who haven't seen the latest big milestone...WALKING! This was taken yesterday morning, he's still a little groggy, normally he can do even better than this......


This has been a HARD year.....acid reflux undiagnosed for the first 3 months of his life..aka a lot of crying for hours at a time, I'm thinking 10 ear infections (I've lost count!),Pinched fingers, bumped heads and even a fall out of a bed....oops! And let's not forget, not having to set my alarm because I will be up at 5am every morning!
This has been an AWESOME year.... The first time I hear my son say Mama... my first hug, my first kiss, the first time being called "Mason's Mom"....The feeling of unconditional love....it's the best!

1 comment: