Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Party Time!!!

So I'm already planning Mason's birthday party, I know, it's still 2 months away...but hey these things take time!  We're going with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme.  We're not going over board, not everyone and their brother are going to be invited, just close family.  We'll save the big bashes when Mason actually has friends of his own. (even though he had 2 daycare friends stop by the other night, it was so cute!)
Here's the invites... (k, so I can't figure out how to put the picture UNDER the text...sorry I'm new to blogging remember!)
I found the cutest cake AND thanks to a certain someone, I found someone who can actually make the cake. We're going to modify this a little bit. We won't need a whole lot of cake, so the top tier is going to be smaller, and able to be taken off to make Mason his "smash" cake. It'll be cute!!!

The venue is going to be our house...not going overboard remember...BUT it will be in a new location of our house, either in our new patio, here's a picture of that just in case some of you haven't seen it in person., it goes the whole length of our house and it's wonderful! Thanks Kallal Concret! Imagine it with furniture and big potted plants....and a big mickey balloon!
 OR
in our new basement!!! cabinets and counter top are ordered and it should be done just in time for the birthday party!  I'll put before and after pictures up as soon as possible.  It's a sports theme or course, but I'm trying to make it nice....framed news paper articles, and carefully placed memorabilia... no posters! Don't dis the "sports" theme until you see it, it WILL look nice!!!

As for updates on the little birthday boy...he's standing by himself and Trav saw him stand up by himself last night. This morning I caught him standing at the entertainment center pulling DVD's out with both hands.  I went to get the camera and of course he stopped.  I'll try to capture something just as cute of him standing all by himself for the blog for tomorrow.  What I think is cute now...give it a week or so and I won't be taking pictures of him emptying the entertainment center!  Also, any day now I'm sure he's going to sneak into the kitchen and eat a piece of dog food...it's going to happen and I'm going to be mortified!

No comments:

Post a Comment