Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Well, Elmo can use the potty...Mason is another story

Several months ago, I bought the talking Elmo training potty and put it in the bathroom.  Every once in a while I'd ask Mason "Do you want to sit on the potty?", he'd promptly respond "no". Ok, no problem, he's very young to potty train....Then he started letting us know when he had a dirty diaper by saying "EWWW, NASTY". "Ok, we're getting closer to using the potty, maybe this can happen before Abbi gets here", but still the answer would be "NO" when asked if he wanted to sit on the potty. Then one morning, completely out of the blue the answer was "yeah", so being the crazy mom that I am, I sang and danced all the way to the potty, he sat and sat and nothing. Two more times that same morning we went to the potty, not once actually using the potty (but we did hit the floor in front of the potty).  I rushed out and bought the Elmo potty book and the Elmo potty DVD, super excited about what was for sure going to be a potty trained Mas Man!  That was last week. Since then, we have watched the potty video every day, read the book several times a day and have "wet" the floor at least 5 more times... now he won't even sit on the potty.  Jeez Elmo, step it up, we've got work to do!

In Abbi news, my fans (ok, fan) brought it to my attention that I left the blog hanging on the sex of the baby. You guessed it, IT'S A GIRL!! We have ordered the dresser and crib-set to come in by the end of December and the bedding will be in in January. Check out these pictures.


The finish on the dresser and crib is not black, but it's very close to it. It's so pretty and I LOVE it! I'm sure Abbi will too! The owls are very cute and I thought different than most people, but I'm quickly finding out that owls are all the rage..I had no idea-I guess I'm a trend setter!  I'm painting the walls yellow, I'm doing a gradient dark on bottom and lighter as it goes up-it's supposed to feel like sunrise.  I'll post pictures as soon as it's done.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. If you have an older dog, there are orthopedic dog bed
    specifically made for large breeds that can help them feel more contented when they suffer from arthritis and other aches and pains. There are also waterproofed beds if your dog has problems with incontinence or if you live in snowy or rainy weather and don't want to worry about bed stains.

    ReplyDelete