Sunday, January 22, 2012

One tired Momma!

Four weeks and counting....all that means is that I can't bend down, or sleep, I can hardly pick up Mason, put on my pants, shoes, socks-it's going to be a very long four weeks.  So why would I (we) pick now to really hit it hard on potty training the Mas man?  It all started when we got him a new Elmo potty "ring" for the toilet.  His old potty seat "hurted butt", this new seat must be very comfy-because he is doing much better with it.  I wasn't going to even address the issue because of the fact I can hardly move, but he took the lead and has done very well -I think he's ready, it's just going to take some patience. I just hope he doesn't regress when Abbi arrives. This whole weekend has been spent taking him to the potty about every hour, but I think we've made progress.  Today I put some big kid underwear on him and he did not have an accident all afternoon with them on!  Here's a couple pictures of today's festivities.
 Yes, that is a guitar-we jam out at our house when we're on the potty, doesn't everyone?

We are slowly but surely getting ready for Abbi.  Her room is DONE!  Her bedding and clothes are all washed and her hospital bad is packed!  Next weekend will be all about washing up bottles-pacifiers and finding room for them in the cabinets.  We also need to go on a shopping spree for more baby supplies.  I'm hoping that after next weekend we will be completely ready just in case she decides to come early.  I have been having contractions, some real and some braxton-hicks-if she's ready to come, who am I to stop her :)...but only if she's ready.
Here are some pictures of her room-they're from my phone so they are not great, but you get the idea.



The walls are still a little bare, they don't look as bad as the pictures make them seem, but there could be a few more things hung up...just don't know what yet, any suggestions would be welcomed. I was hoping the 3 toned walls would make it look less plain. 
FYI- I made that shade! Those of you who know me know that I am the opposite of crafty-but I think it turned out fine.  The only thing I would do differently is instead of buying fabric and lining it myself to help keep more light out, I would just buy a curtain panel-it would have been so much easier and would have turned out better. 

I'm sure I'll be posting again before Abbi is born to brag about my little man if /when he gets this toilet thing mastered, wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment