Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eskimo Baby has arrived!

Abigail Ann has arrived! She has so much dark hair, if I wasn't there, I would say she's not my child!  I love her hair, but come on, is she an Eskimo?  Where did that hair come from?!?!?  So far she has been a great baby. She has been eating great and sleeping a lot.  Travis has been going home at night to be with Mason, so I've been sending her to the nursery over night.  I don't know if she's a wake a lot with them, but I have a sneaky suspicion she is because she sleeps so much during the day. We'll have to work on that when we get home.  She was 7 pounds 13 oz. and 20 inches long.  The surgery started about 9:25 and she was born at 9:36, I would highly recommend a c-section for ease of delivery, but it's now day 3 and my pain is just as bad as day 1...maybe worse.  I'm hoping some if is is the very uncomfortable hospital bed and when I get home I'll start feeling better quickly.  Mason hasn't shown too much reaction to his new sister, I think it's going to take her being home for a few days before he realizes what's going on.  But he has been very nice to her, he's given her a few kisses and hasn't tried to hit her, so that's a start!  Here's a picture of me before and then some of delivery day and the last picture is her this morning.  What a cutie, even though she looks like sure could live in an igloo!





1 comment:

  1. It's a much longer healing time with a section, but it'll happen, just try not to push yourself. It took me 2 weeks to get past the worse pain and weakness.

    ReplyDelete